• Adobe Illustrator is required in order to do this conversion.
• The original file must be a vector graphic – NO raster / JPEG elements
• Won’t work well with graphical gradients or photographic images embedded within the file.
1. Any text should be outlined.
Type > Create Outlines
2. Fit the artwork to the artboard box
Object > Artboards > Fit to Artwork Bounds
3. Select the entire graphic, as well as the document artboard.
Set the X, Y coordinates to be 0,0. The reference point must be set to the top left.
4. File > Save As > Format “SVG”
5. SVG Options: Type: Convert to Outline Image Location: Embed. Click “Ok”.